Brief Description of Andhra Jathiya College of Education, Machilipatnam
The A.J.College of Education came into existence in the year 1967. It was the offspring of the famous Andhra Jateeya Vidya Parishat which was established by the famous Andhra Trio – Sri Kopalle Hanumantha Rao, Sri Mutnuri Krishna Rao and Sri Bhogaraju Pattabhi Seetharamaiah. It is a sister institution to the erstwhile Andhra Jateeya Kalasala established in 1910 by the A.J.Vidya Parishat. It is more popularly known as the National College as it was established during the nationwide movement for freedom.
The college was established mainly to cater to the needs of the graduates of the Krishna and West Godavari districts. The first secretary of the college, Kalaprapurna Sriman S.T.G.Varadachary, named the institution as Andhra Jateeya Bodhana Kalasala, A.J.Bodhana Kalasala for short. However, in 1971, the Director of Public Instruction, Government of Andhra Pradesh, gave direction that all Training Colleges in the state should be renamed as Colleges of Education. As a result, in the year 1971, the A.J.Bodhana Kalasala was rechristened as Andhra Jateeya College of Education, A.J.College of Education for short.