Brief Description of Bengal Engineering And Science University Shibpur, Shibpur
The University, at present, offers the following AICTE approved undergraduate courses leading to B.E (8 semester)/B.Arch. (10 semester).
The University also offers AICTE approved 4-semester post graduate courses leading to Master of Engineering degree in 8 disciplines, namely, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgy, Mining, Electronics and Tele-Communication, Computer Science and Technology, Engineering Mechanics and Mining and a 4-semester post graduate degree course in Master of Town & Regional Planning.
In addition to above , the Institution also offers the following Post-graduate courses:
- 6-semester course in Master of Computer Applications(MCA).
- 6-semester part-time evening Post-graduate courses in Civil Engineering in three areas of specialization namely Structural Engineering, Geo-technical Engineering & Environmental Engineering.
- 6-semester part-time evening course in Industrial Metallurgy.
- 4-semester full time course in Master of Business Administration (MBA) under the aegis of BECSOMS.
- 6-semester part time course in Information Technology, under PDSIT.
- 1 year post-graduate diploma in Bio-Informatics.
- 4 semester full time course in Master of Science in Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry, Applied Mathematics and Applied Geology.
- 4 semester full time in Materials Engineering leading to Master of Technology.
The University is located in the sylvan surrounding on the western bank of the river Hooghly, opposite the city of Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) which is connected with all the major Indian cities as well as to some foreign ones by rail and air and also by the Golden Quadrangle Road Network presently nearing completion. The nearest Railway Station is Howrah, which is 6km from the University Campus and the Airport is at a distance of 30km from the Main Gate.