Brief Description of Government Ramnarayan Chellaram College of Commerce & Management, Bangalore
Government Ramnarayan Chellaram College of Commerce and Management was established in the year 1948 in Poorna Prasad Building on Race Course Road as an Intermediate College and later shifted to the present colossal stone heritage building in the year 1952. The College having completed 67 years of existence, located on a campus area of 4 acres. It has reached many milestones through its pioneering journey aiming to be a Premiere Institution of Commerce and Management. With the launch of MBA the college was renamed as Government R.C. College of Commerce and Management in the year 2003. It is re -accredited by NAAC with B Grade and is recognized under 2(f) and 12 (b) of the UGC. It is recognized as the Centre of Excellence by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka.
1. Has excellent teaching faculty consisting of 36 dedicated Permanent faculty and 53 Guest Faculty. Of them 6 are PhD’s and 18 M.Phil’s and most of them are actively pursuing research.
2. All the departments have separate labs like Business lab, Language Lab and well equipped Computer labs, which are developed over years.
3. The college has made a name for its commitment and hence the strength of the college is regularly increasing, that has reached 3500 this year.
4. The result of the college is very rewarding. It is well above the university average and the proportion of students with distinction is quite high. The result of post graduate courses is also very impressive. Very often university toppers are from our college. This year M.Com and M.F.A. departments have bagged 5 ranks.
5. The college has emerged as a cultural center, which organizes cultural activities. These are some of the eagerly awaited events in the Bangalore city itself. A group of Stalwarts and eminent people in the respective cultural fields have participated in the programme
6. The college is struggling towards achieving the overall development of students, hence organizes many programmes like personality development programme, training students for competitive examinations and others.
7. The college has many active forums to involve the students of various interests and create a platform for them, like
- Commerce forum
- Eco Club
- Theatre Club
- Lalana Women’s Forum
- GRAHAK: Consumer forum
- Students grievance cell and
- Language forums
- Srujan Samkruthi - Cultural Forum
- Srujan R C - Management Fest
- Datti Rathna Endoment
- Honnudi - Kannada Sangha
- Saraswatha Sandeepana
- Vanijya Vani
- Vanijya Jyothi
- Red Cross and Red Ribbon Club
- Weekly Assembly
- Placement Cell
- Innovative Club
- Business Lab
8. The college has an active Placement Cell, which not only organizes campus selections but also trains the students by organizing various training programmes.
9. The college is also actively preparing students to face competitive examination, the quality of which is well appreciated.
10. Post graduate students are also tutored for NET/ KSET examinations to qualify them for teaching in UG and PG and research. The teachers of other colleges are also participating in the coaching classes conducted by our college since 2011. The institution is aware of the fact that the colleges are the foundations of higher education as the primary schools are for school education; therefore, qualitative development of the colleges should be the top priority.
11. The College has 47 fully computerized class rooms for UG and PG students and the rooms for PG Classes are provided with smart boards for effective teaching learning process.
12. The College has empowered the students by conducting coaching classes for C.A., I.C.W.A. and Railways in order to enable the students to take up professional courses.
13. The College also offers add on courses in
to help the students to get knowledge in various other innovative areas which also provide job opportunities.
14. The College is also initiating to introduce certificate courses in banking and taxation.
15. The College is also Recognized as Community College by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka
16. The College also conducts Vocational Course like Skill Development Course by Bombay Stock Exchange.
17. Every year, the College conducts Inter-collegiate management Fest for the students of other colleges, through which the talents of our students is explored in organizing the event.
MCom, MBA, MFA, MIB,MTA, BCom, BBM (plea