Brief Description of K.G. Joshi & N.G.Bedekar College of Arts & Commerce, Thane
K.G. Joshi & N.G.Bedekar College of Arts & Commerce was the first institution of higher learning to be established in Thane City in 1969. Strategically located, the college is at walking distance from Thane Railway Station on the Central Railway line. It is well connected by bus services to every part of the city including Navi Mumbai.
The College received permanent affiliation, in January 1988 with effect from June 1982. It was awarded B++ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) set up by UGC in January 2004. The College had 5695 students registered on its rolls in 2008-2009.
• Bachelor of Arts with specialization in English, Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Economics, Politics, History, Geography (all 6 papers) and Statistics (3 papers)
• Bachelor of Commerce with specialization in Advanced Accounting and Auditing and Business Management.
• Masters in Arts by Research and Ph.D in Philosophy. The College is a recognized centre for MA by research and Ph.D in Philosophy. Principal Dr.(Mrs.) Shakuntala A. Singh is the recognized research guide.
Self Financing Courses:
• Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
• Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)
• Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Insurance)
• Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Markets)
• Bachelor in Mass Media (English Medium)
• Bachelor in Mass Media (Marathi Medium)
• Masters in Commerce in Business Management.(M.Com.)
• Masters in Commerce in Advanced Accountancy (M.Com.)
• Masters in Commerce in Banking & Finance.(M.Com.) (permission awaited)
• Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
• Masters in Library and Information Science(MLIS).
• Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation & Networking.