To apply for this position please visit the official job site. Enter the job ID as 575999.
Employee Communications (EC) specialist is responsible for implementing and executing in-house employee communication programs and events including planning, writing, or producing employee communications, newsletters, in house publications, employee open forums, business update meetings etc. EC specialist must research information, understand their audience, and create compelling communications that summarize and present that information in a way that connects with their audience.
EMEA (Europe Middle East & Africa) EC specialist works closely with EMEA EC manager, HR and the business to supports EMEA Communication needs. Job also requires close cooperation with other internal comm. partners in biz groups, Corporate Affairs and PR to publicize internal key messages and events at cross-EMEA/biz group/site level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with EMEA EC manager to define, plan and execute EMEA communication needs
- Expert in EMEA communication needs and audiences information consumption;
- Familiar with key Business Partners and communication generators within HR and the business
- Drafting communications plans, creating content and products and executing it via the various Comms channels (eMail, Circuit, plasma, posters etc).
- Master social computing channels capabilities and integrate them to the day to day comm. work; stay up to date with, and fully leverage, other latest communications techniques to reach their intended audience.
- Own and execute the Geo Keep The Business Running (KTBR) and Cyclical Comms
- Work with EMEA EC manager to manage EMEA Circuit editorial calendar and master Circuit story creation and approval process
- Attend and cover key events (IDF, ISMC, and the like) and report key announcements to employees.
- Own the Geo content (e.g. company intranet site) and work with the local content owners to insure that the content is accurate, clear, easy to read and understand
- Consolidates the Geos Comms indicator data
- Responsible for the partnership with Contact Center
- Responsible for Country Channel Matrix
- Master Circuit writing style guidelines and consult to content owners on adding/restructuring content in Circuit
Preferably possess a Bachelor's or higher degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, Organizational Development and/or a related communications degree. You must be within 18 months of your graduation date.
Additional qualifications include:
- English as a mother tongue or an equivalent level
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of marketing and employee communications
- Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines is essential
- Prior experience writing for publications including press releases or internal and/or external mass communication would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture, build client relationships, manage projects, influence partners, contribute innovative strategic thinking, and implement new ideas
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to balance multiple points-of-view and directions from various stakeholders effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels of management and organizations
- Proficient computer skills are assumed (Microsoft* Office Suites* and other Web-based applications)
- Added advantage: Experience in social media channels (planet blue: blog, forums, groups; RSS; Wiki etc.)
- Added advantage: Experience with production, editing of video/photography.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England, Swindon
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Recent College Graduate
Apply Before: Apr 12, 2010