This position is for a platform software product architect focusing on optimization of platform power across devices, firmware, OS, and applications. In this role, you will be responsible for power measurement analysis to identify platform ingredients to determine impact to platform power, then working with internal and external teams to define and drive solutions.
You should possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science.
Additional qualifications may include:
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Windows software and/or driver programming and debug skills
- Detailed knowledge of Intel Client platform architecture, CPU/PCH architecture, and devices including PCIe, SATA, and USB
- Detailed knowledge of firmware/BIOS, OS kernel/drivers/applications, and mobile PC features such as power/thermal management with ability to apply skills to root cause, architect, and drive solutions
- Ability to use hardware and software tools (including ITP, LAIs, kernel debuggers)
- Strong programming skills and ability to create software debug tools