This programme consists of 4 years learning in the clinical area integrated with theoretical instructions recommended by the Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University and Indian Nursing Council. The purpose of this degree programme is to enable the students to get a broader vision of nursing, based on scientific principles and extensive clinical experience. Graduates of this programme with experience can rapidly move to leadership and supervisory positions and practice.
Candidates should have completed 17years and should be a spinster.
Candidates should have passed 10+2years of schooling. They should have passed either the higher secondary examination conducted by the government of Tamil Nadu or an equivalent examination accepted by the syndicate of Dr.M.G.R. Medical University. They should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology).
For students after Management Quota, Candidate should undertake the common Entrane Test. The information regarding this can be obtained from the college office
Duration of Course: 4 YEARS
- All the columns have to be filled in by the candidates own handwriting. Filled in applications should reach the office by June.
- Xerox copy of the +2mark list if available. If it is in any other than English, it has to be translated in to English and attested by the principal of the school. If the subjects are written in code the copy of page where the expansion of the code is given has to be sent along with the copy of mark list.
- Overseas and other state candidates should attach an eligibility certificates from Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University.’
- Community certificate if he/she belongs to backward/most backward/scheduled caste/scheduled tribe.
- Photograph (passport size) 2 Nos. to be attaché.
- The information given in the application form should be cored. Quota your application number when you write to us. The candidate will be allowed for the admission only with the original certificates of the following:
- Mark list of the qualifying examination
- Certificate for the date of Birth
- Transfer certificates
- Conduct certificate from the institution the student last studied
- NOC from the University for Students from other states or countries.
- Physical fitness certificates.
- Community certificate for all expect OC.
Details about the Programme
B.Sc., nursing programme is a 4year programme consisting of first year of study .Students have to appear for the university exam at the end of the academic year. Students are not expected to get married during the course of study. Students who fail in any subject at the end of each academic to the next year of study as per the university rule and regulations.
STUDENTS WHO VOLUNTARILY WITHDRAW FROM THE COLLEGE SHALL BE REQUIRED TO PAY FULL FEES FOR THE WHOLE COURSE AND THE FEES AND THE FEES ALREADY PAID WIL NOT BE REFUNDED.
Fees & Payments
Fees to be paid fully by July every year for the next academic year. Hostel fee can be paid in two in two installments by July and December each year.
Vacations are planned according to the programme of study. All students are expected to avail these days. The students are expected to be present on the repening days after holidays. If not, the Principal should be intimated immediately followed by a written explanation. On return they may have to pay a fine prescribed by the college.
Any day of absence without prior permission will be counted as 3 days lost and will affect the attendance expected by the University.
Attendance of Classes
Regular attendance at classes is a requirement of the college, in case of illness or any unavoidable cause; the student should submit an application stating the genuine reason for his/he absence.
Any absence or lack of attendance as per university requirement should be considered as not eligible for appearing university examination.
Attendance at Clinical practice
Attendance at clinical practice is compulsory. Students are expected to maintain their health to finish the requirements during their positing in the specific clinical area.
Academic and clinical evaluation
All students are expected to maintain a high academic and clinical performance throughout the programme.Apart from university examination, the college holds written examination and reviews clinical performance from time to time on regular basis. Consistent standards of excellence are expected at all times as nursing is a health related profession where optimum skills, attitude and Knowledge are needed at all times for care of patients.