Admission at Vel R.S Medical College – College of Nursing
AGE LIMIT FOR ADMISSION
A candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or would complete the said age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the first year Nursing course.
Duration /Curriculum – 4 yrs
Eligibility- Completion of 12th Standards
Mode of Admission – Through Government and Management
B. Sc. DEGREE COURSE IN NURSING ( BASIC)
1. " Individual pass in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and zoology (both Theory and Practical ) and English with a minimum of 35% marks in each of above subject and with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English".
2. As recommended by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi the Eligibility Criteria for admission to B.Sc. (N), G.N.M. by giving 5% relaxation to SC / ST/ OBC Students.
Post Graduate DEGREE COURSE IN M.Sc. NURSING
The candidate should have
1. Passed the qualification of B.Sc. Nursing degree of this University or any other University accepted as equivalent there to.
2. Should have registered with the State Registration Council of Nursing and Mid-Wifery.
3. Should have two years of experience after registration in teaching hospital or in a college (or) in a School or Nursing (or) in a Community Health Programme.
4. In case of male candidates they should have passed any other course recommended by the Indian Nursing Council in place of Mid - wifery.
5. Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the Institution of certificate of medical fitness from an authorised medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course and does not suffer from any disability or contagious diseases.
More details visit: http://www.velrsnursing.com/
Name of the Nursing Institution: VEL R.S MEDICAL COLLEGE(COLLEGE OF NURSING)
Address: #42, Avadi-Vel TechRoad, Avadi, Chennai , Tamil Nadu, India.
Pin: 600 062
Address : ‘Santi Sudha’, 38, ABM Avenue, (Opp. Park Sheraton Hotel), R.A.Puram, Chennai - 600 028.