About Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women:
MLA PU College for Women, Malleshwaram was established by eminent citizens of Bangalore in 1972. They are Dr. K.N.V Sastri, a well known historian and political thinker; Dr M.N Mahadevan, a famous doctor and Sri T.S Rajam, Chairman of the TVS group of companies. At that time, there was a lot of demand from the people for an exclusive college for Women in the North Bangalore region. MLA PU College for Women, Malleshwaram is also known as Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for Women or MLACW and is centrally located in Bangalore at the heart of the city, Malleshwaram and is well connected to rest of the city by various modes of transport.
At the time of inception, the college only had 12 students and was operating in a government building. However, the college has seen tremendous growth in the previous years which has seen the spurt in students and the current number is around 3500 students.
MLA PU College for Women takes pride in its consistent delivery of value based education and it is focused on holistic development of an individual instead of only academic focus. Also, the teaching facility and infrastructure is top notch in order to give the perfect learning environment which enables in responding to the dynamic world around us.
Ammanni group of colleges has set highest quality standards and has become the benchmark in higher education in Karnataka and is a go to destination for young women in order to shape themselves up for 21st century challenges. MLA PU College for Women understands how critical the adolescent and formative stage of a student's life is and therefore is committed to disciplined and efficient handling of them.
MLA CW is named after the very famous Queen of Mysore, Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni belonging to Wodeyar dynasty of Mysore. Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni was born in 1742 and was married to Krishnaraja Wodeyar II, she lived in one of the most volatile times when Haidar Ali and Tippu Sultan were reigning. From 1799 to 1810, she took care of the state as Krishnaraja Wodeyar III was still minor at that time, under the reign of the British. The vision and mission of MLA CW has been inspired by her outstanding crisis-management skills, dedication to the nation and stellar human virtues which have inspired the college. The college is having the motto of “Sheelam Parama Bhushanam” which is true reflection of improvement in intellectual ability of students and development of their well being.
Faculty members at MLA PU College for Women:
MLA CW focusses not just on academic interests of the students but also understands the need to shape up a complete individual. Therefore, sufficient focus is provided to co-curricular and extra curricular activities as well. The staff members at this college are motivated and provide innovative learning inputs to their students which have been well received by them. The management understands that transformation of a student requires outstanding and talented teachers and therefore the college teachers who are committed, creative and determined. Their dedicated approach towards learning will help students face challenges with courage and overcome obstacles. Read here for full teachers list at this college.
Facilities offered by MLA PU College for Women:
- Maths problem solving classes in addition to regular classes
- Communication system through SMS alerts
- Class mentor program by assigning specific teachers as mentors to each class
- Special coaching classes and remedial classes
- Special coaching to meritorious students
- CCTV surveillance
- Dr. K N V Sastri Memorial Hall
- LCD projector
- Computer, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology lab
- Student Lounge
- Biometric system
- Sports ground and room
- Health center
- Water dispensaries
- Photo copy rooms
- Power back up
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science (PCMC)
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (PCMB)
- Computer Science, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy (CEBA)
- Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy (MEBA)
- Statistics, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy (SEBA)
- Statistics. Computer Science, Business Studies, Accountancy (SCBA)
- Political Science, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy (PEBA)
- Psychology, Economics, Political Science, Sociology (PEPS)
- History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology (HEPS)
Admission at MLA PU College for Women, Bangalore:
- Candidate should have cleared the SSLC exam or any other equivalent exam as approved by Government of India or other state boards
- The score in these exams should be in the range of 45-95%
- Age category is 14-18 years
- Students who are chosen will need to produce their documents and attend an interview on a specified date
- Be careful that if you miss this date then you basically forfeit your admission to somebody else
- Migration certificate needs to be produced by students from other states
- Matriculation certificate along with photocopy needs to be submitted at the time of admission
- Original TC and photocopy
- Take recent passport size photo - 4 nos.