Sensors are being integrated in many new and novel ways in Intel Notebook and Desktop platforms. Do you have a hardware or software validation and/or design background and also knowledge and interest in interfacing with computers aside from the traditional keyboard and mouse including touch interface, and use of GPS, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, & Ambient Light sensors? Are you interested in how the usages of hardware and software solutions specifically using sensors and how they can be broken? This position is for test case & use case development and validation of Intel client platform solutions from silicon features through platform solutions. An excellent candidate will have knowledge of computer input and output features, a mindset of wanting to use computers in new ways, and a desire to continue learning as the industry changes.
In this position you will be playing a critical role on a team responsible for validating exciting new features of Intel Notebook and Desktop platforms. You will need to understand both the overall computing industry environment for sensors as well as Intel's unique offerings as you develop and implement a sensors validation strategy. Your activities will range from feature analysis, creating and implementing tests and methods to break these features, to presenting your findings. It's a hands-on job that also requires strong oral and written communication skills.
Your specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining program targeted use case feature plans. These will include collecting and refining usage model definitions, vulnerability test scenarios, multiple operating system test environments, and exercising unique Intel features
- Delivering portions of the test content identified by the validation plan and supporting other developers in their test content creation
- Authoring and reviewing requirements documents
- Representing issues found at various debug forums
- Presenting and representing the entire validation plan and ongoing project status at various project and corporate forums
- Performing other validation jobs and tasks that arise in the course of business
You must possess a Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
Additional qualifications include:
- Must be a self starter with strong initiative
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Proven team player with strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to interact in a very dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Effective in multitasking over multiple simultaneous problem areas and assignments
- Experience with hardware programming and software interactions at device driver level
- Prefer strong skills in Java or C/C++ programming
- Solid knowledge of PC hardware architecture is a plus
- Scripting skills (Python / PowerShell) is a plus
- Linux / UNIX and/or Windows administration experience is a plus
- Experience in validation is a plus