Job Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs'' advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements'' designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software process.
Minimum qualifications: MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrate strong C/C++ coding practice
- Solid Software Programming experience
- Linux OS internals
- Familiarity with Linux open-source coding standards is a plus.
- Familiarity with StageFright and/or Gstreamer media framework is a plus
- Familiarity with Digital Rights Management, Content protection, Crypto is a plus
- Demonstrate previous work experience via internships or co-op assignments preferred.