* Develops new video processing and codec technologies for embedded applications.
* Works with a general understanding of competing technologies in the area of focus.
* Participates in the process of creating detailed product requirements from high level objectives.
* Works to understand the context in which new technologies will be used and the requirements that the technology must fulfill for success.
* Creates early-stage conceptual models that demonstrate feasibility.
* Creates applications level software and/or embedded signal processing software and/or prototype hardware or related firmware that are efficient, modular, well documented, bug free and understandable by others skilled in the art.
* Builds relationships with peers and other teams to achieve objectives, maintains objectivity, and gives and welcomes feedback on design/implementation decisions.
* May organize and/or deliver internal and external technology presentations and feasibility/proof of performance demonstrations.
* Mentors junior engineers and provides architectural and implementation guidance as necessary.
* May represent company technology interests in industry associations or standards bodies based on guidance from more senior staff or management.
Video Processing Algorithm developer:
Feature development for video and display processing, such as scaling, artifacts/noise removal, de-interlacing, frame rate enhancement, detail/contrast enhancement, color management, 3D processing, backlight control, etc. The responsibilities include algorithm development, HW system design, C modeling, test case design, verification support, competitive analysis and demo. The successful candidates will be primarily responsible for developing new video processing and codec algorithms for embedded applications on Intel?s industry-leading next generation portable devices. This may involve development of initial implementations to identify technical hurdles of, prove feasibility, and characterize new technologies through application of specialized technical knowledge. You will also be involved in pre-silicon modeling and architecture. You will be responsible for coordinating certain project activities within the group, performing independent research and will have ownership of specific embedded SW/HW development areas.
* Master*s or PhD Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) and 5+ years related experience.