DR. D. KRISHNAMURTI AND SMT. D.SHAKUNTALAMMA MEMORIAL SCHOOL
The school is located in Shimoga and it is striving to develop students into socially useful, self-reliant, disciplined and law-abiding citizen. The school is trying to blend culture, heritage, wisdom and values of India with the ever changing needs and aspirations of modern society. The school is striving to make every student into a complete person.
The method includes identifying the unique talent of every student which will enable them to face the growing competition of the outside world. The school lays special focus on the study of Hindi, Sanskrit and Indian Culture.
The school is a combined form of modern school along the lines of vidyashram concept of ancient India. The school focusses on all round development of the student including character and personality development through quality education. There are wide range of activities aimed at the students and there is a good teacher student relationship in order to achieve the objective.
Apart from normal teaching activities, the school aims for the following: leadership training, give an understanding on dignity of labour and human values, inculcate social, moral and civic responsibilities, provide background into India's culture and making, introduction to various literatures of this country and promote creativity and specialization.
The school has well trained and well qualified teaching staff in order to cater to the needs of the students. The teachers always strive for the best and use modern teaching methods and tools in order to impart quality education. You can find the list of current set of teachers here.
Facilities of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School, Shivamogga
- Smart class facility has been provided for easy and better learning experience. It will lead to students understanding the subjects easily and increase productivity of teachers as well as students.
- Library: The school has an excellent collection of books, journals, reference materials etc. in various subjects such as science, maths, GK, humour, comics etc. Students above 5th standard can borrow books for a week
- Computer lab: The school understands the utility of computer in modern education and thus possesses a very good computer lab infrastructure with good configuration. Students are taught hands on computer skills in the lab.
- Kitchen: The school provides mid-day meal facility to students which are not only tasty but also healthy and nutritious for the development of the child. The school also has good drinking facility in the form of RO facility
- Transportation: Good transport is provided from various places of Shimoga to and from the school. The buses are fitted with GPS and speed governors. Also, lady assistants are provided in each buses.
- Scouts and guides training is provided
- Kalabharati: Proivides systematic training in performing arts for the culutral develoopment of students
Admissions at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School, Shivamogga:
In order to secure admission you need to visit the school and obtain the application form along with propecturs by paying the requisite fees. The admission is governed by principles and rules laid dowbn by CBSE and is dependent on vacanceis.
There are 4 houses in the school:
- Vyasa : Red House
- Vidya : Blue House
- Valmiki: Yellow House
- Bharati : Green House
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Boys: Pants (Grey) (Half Pant 1-5) Shirt Blue Socks, Black Shoes Tie, Belt, Cap
- Girls: Skirt ( Grey) Shirt Blue Socks, Black Shoes Tie, Belt, Cap
- Boys: White Pants (Half Pant 1-5) White Shirt White Socks, White Shoes Belt, Cap Blazer
- Girls: White Skirts White Shirt White Socks, White Shoes Belt, Cap Blazer
- Boys: Pants white (Half Pant 1-5) House Colour T- Shirt White Socks, White Shoes Belt, Cap
- Girls: Skirts white House Colour T- Shirt White Socks, White Shoes Belt, Cap
- Monday to Friday: 10.10a.m. to 3-10 p.m. (Saturday is Holiday)
1st standard to 5th standard
- Monday to Friday: 10.10a.m. to 4-30 p.m.
- Saturday: 09.50 a.m. to 01-10 p.m.
6th To 10th Standard:
- Monday To Friday: 8.40a.m. to 3-10 p.m.
- Saturday: 08.40 a.m. to 02-20 p.m.
Second Saturday is a holiday