The Samsung Galaxy S I9000 is a touch type mobile phone, smartphone in Android available since June 2010.
It uses the mobile operating system Android from Google (natively in version 2.1, but with an updated 2.2 Froyo and now in 2.3 Gingerbread).
It has a processor running at 1 GHz identical to its direct competitor, the iPhone 4 of Apple. The Galaxy S has a more powerful graphics processor.
Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is equipped with a Global positioning system(GPS) and includes Google Maps.
Its successor, the Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II, has been marketed since May 2011 in many countries of the world.
In mid-December 2010, Samsung announced that it sold 9.3 million units. In June 2011, sale was about 15 million sets.
Do not confuse Samsung I9000 Galaxy S with the Samsung Galaxy (i7500 - without S) which is its predecessor, or with the Samsung Galaxy Spica (i5700) which was in mid-range.
- ISDB-Tb Digital TV tuner (only available for Brazilian market)
- Social networking integration
- Digital compass
- MP4/DivX/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Image/video editor
- Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input (Swype)