About Seshadripuram PU College, Seshadripuram:
Seshadripuram Stree Samaja trust runs around 24 educational institutions from kindergarten to Ph.D. The trust started as School with the initiative of Smt. Seethamma and Smt Anandamma in 1930. The school had about 20 students back then. Across the years, the institution has grown tremendously and has reached a student strength of 20,000.
Seshadripuram PUC is one of the top colleges run by Seshadripuram Educational Trust (SET) and it is one of the oldest colleges of Bangalore having started in 1971. The college is affiliated to Department of Pre-university Education, Government of Karnataka and boasts of being one of the largest college with more than 1500 student strength. The college has strong alumni network as well. The college strives to deliver high quality education at affordable cost. The college is an aided college. The college sees students from all kinds of backgrounds and communities making it multi-cultural. This gives a sense of vibrancy and pluralism. The college tries to shape up a student's career to be able to face the demanding challenges of the modern world yet rooted in Indian ethos.
Seshadripuram PU College has 2 years courses in Science and Commerce streams. The location and ambience is serene leading to a wonderful learning experience for the students. All these features make it one of the top notch destination for PU students and is widely sought after.
Courses/combinations offered by the college:
It has 400 seats in total and 3 streams as follows:
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology - 240 Seats
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science - 80 Seats
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics - 80 Seats
It has 400 seats in total and 4 streams as follows:
- Statistics, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy - 80 Seats
- Computer Science, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy - 160 Seats
- Mathematics, Statistics, Business Studies, Accountancy - 80 Seats
- Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy - 80 Seats
NCERT Syllabus is applicable and public examination is conducted for the II PU students by the DPUE Karnataka.
Admission process at Seshadripuram PU College:
I PUC admission details:
- Download the application form from here and submit the same to the principal before the due date.
- Make sure that you have the following documents avaialble with you at the time of admission
- TC from the previous institution
- Marks card in the qualifying examination
- Medical Examination Certificate from the previous institution.
- Attach photocopy of the certificate while applying and the originals need to be provided at the time of admission
- Migration Certificate is necessary if you are coming from other Universities.
- The college has Kannada, Sanskrit and Hindi as the choice of languages and you must opt for the same language which you have passed in the previous exam.
- If you are chosen for admission, you need to pay the prescribed fees and produce the necessary documents as listed above to the Principal.
- You need to enclose 2 photographs and 3 self addressed Rs. 5/- Postal Envelops
- All admissions are provisional and are subject to the approval of the PU Board Rules
Facilities provided by Seshadripuram PU College:
- well ventilated classrooms
- open auditorium
- well equipped laboratories
- closed / indoor auditorium
- Bank of India branch
The college offers various financial assistance and scholarships (kindly contact the college for more details). The college promotes co-curricular activities and sports alongside academics.